The Gresham Historical Society was founded in 1976 by a group of volunteers dedicated to preserving the history of Gresham and the surrounding areas. We are a
nonprofit organization, funded by donations and staffed primarily by volunteers. Currently, our membership is 300 strong, comprised of individuals and businesses.
In 1990, the Gresham Historical Society took over the old Carnegie Library on Main Avenue. Built in 1913 with a grant from Andrew Carnegie, our building served as Gresham's public library for over seventy years. Renovations in 2012 restored the old library to its original appearance, and it looks today much as it did a century ago.
Tuesdays and Thursdays - 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Fridays - 2:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Saturdays - 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
410 N Main Ave
Gresham, OR 97030
Our building is located at the corner of Main Avenue and 4th Street.
Parking is available in the lot behind our building, off of 4th Street. We offer handicap parking and a wheelchair ramp leading up to the side door.
To provide and maintain the historic Carnegie Library Building for research, collection, preservation, protection, and public display of artifacts, pictures and documents relevant to the history of the area. To provide educational programs that foster an understanding of Gresham area pioneers, families and events.